- Completed Orders: 0
- Feedback: No feedback yet
|Position - Company|
Board of Directors, CFO - Philly Biobreak
Philly Biobreak is an executive networking organization for the life sciences industry. We have recently expanded into the New Jersey region. Philly Biobreak holds quarterly events, bringing together venture capitalists, entrepreneurs, and business development executives from across the life science spectrum for lively discourse.
As a member of the board of directors for Philly Biobreak, I am responsible for helping to set the organizational strategy and operational execution for quarterly events. In addition, I also serve as the Chief Financial officer for Philly Biobreak, handling all aspects of the budget, fundraising, and corporate policies.
|Jun 2007 - Jan 2011|
Associate - Bioadvance
• Conducted due-diligence, developed investment thesis, and recommended candidate portfolio firms for investment.
|Jul 2006 - May 2007|
Research Planning and Integration, Merck Research Labs (Intern) - Merck - Rahway - NJ
• Developed portfolio management tool incorporating marketing, competitive, licensing, and proprietary information. Results of scenario analysis used to adjust $500M neuroscience basic research pipeline.
|May 2005 - Aug 2005|
Consultant - PolyMedix, Inc.
Summary: Responsible for project management and supported Series A fund raising activities.
Lead a team of 3 research chemists - managed timeline, budget and objectives. Delivered preclinical compound candidate on-time under budget. Responsible for regular reporting to scientific and business leadership on progress across multiple work streams.
Worked directly with executive leadership to develop pitch materials and participated in investor meetings. Efforts concluded with the successful close of a $6m Series A.
|2003 - 2004|
Consultant - Accenture
• Led team to redesign and implement global communication processes at leading pharmaceutical company. Facilitated meetings and presented recommendations to client’s senior management. Project resulted in improved global communications.
|2001 - 2002|
Principle Consultant - Inventa
• Managed cross-functional team of ten in development of new Internet product. Collaborated with client’s executive team to shape new product direction. Project resulted in the market leading enterprise incentive management product.
|1998 - 2001|
Founder and CEO - Longevity Biotech
As founder and CEO of Longevity Biotech, my responsibilities encompass all activities spanning medical, clinical, legal, business development, operations and fund raising. Longevity Biotech is developing a new class of metabolically stable peptide-like therapeutics, called Hybridtides™, which demonstrate remarkable and broad spectrum enzymatic stability. Longevity Biotech is capable of transforming naked peptide half-lives of minutes into hours.
• Primary Arterial Hypertension (PAH) – Novel dual mode of action targeting both hypertension and inflammatory symptoms. The clinical goal for this program is to achieve vascular remodeling as part of a disease modifying treatment protocol. PAH is a debilitating orphan disease where current treatments are palliative.
• Type II Diabetes (T2DM) – Novel dual agonist targeting two closely related extra-cellular receptors simultaneously. By targeting these two receptors in a single molecule, synergistic clinical results are expected (both in glucose control and weight loss). There is clear need for improved therapeutics with new approaches to treat the diabetes epidemic facing the globe today.
• Oncology – Longevity is development novel peptide-drug-conjugates targeting over-expressed cell surface receptor. This receptor target is widely over-expressed on dozens of different tumor types, including triple negative breast cancer and pancreatic tumors.
• Anti-viral (HIV) – Longevity has identified a highly stabilized next generation fusion inhibitor, the same mechanism of action originally pursued by Roche/Trimeris in Fuzeon™. Building on the Longevity platform technology, this next generation product is hundreds of times more stable while retaining biological activity, thus overcoming the clinical challenges of Fuzeon™.
• Neuroscience - Longevity is working closely with academic labs to validate a neuroprotection strategy by reducing neuroinflammation.
|Apr 2010 - Present|
|Degree - University|
PhD, Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics - University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
• Member of Dr. William F. DeGrado’s lab, research focusing on computational design and experimental characterization of β-amino acid peptide foldamers.
|2002 - 2010|
MBA, Healthcare - University of Pennsylvania - The Wharton School (CA)
• Elected President of University of Pennsylvania’s Biotechnology Group 2006.
|2004 - 2006|
|Certificate, Bioinformatics - Stanford University School of Medicine||2000 - 2001|
|BA, Computer Science, Physics - Brandeis University||1994 - 1998|