This service includes the IHC staining of paraffin (FFPE) or frozen tissue sections. Tissue preparation including wax processing, embedding and sectioning (microtomy), or frozen section preparation (cryotomy) are also available on request. In addition we offer digital slide scanning and biomarker quantification resulting in quantitative IHC data. Assay development and optimization using colorimetric, fluorescent and multiplex approaches are available. Optimization of your choice of antibody and detection system is also available on request.
Our state-of-the-art Leica Bond immunostainer produces consistent quality high throughput immunohistochemistry (IHC). We have developed and validated a wide range of automated IHC protocols for rodent and human tissue. Examples include Ki67, PCNA, caspase-3, E-cadherin, CD3, CD8, and many more. New antibodies can also be optimized on request.
Immunological staining of tissue sections. Development of novel staining procedures.
The laboratory provides the following services:
- 2 DAKO Autostainers for high throughput immunohistochemical staining.
- Protocol development using new antibodies from commercial vendors or custom antibodies.
- Optimization of staining intensity and specificity.
- Assisting with interpretation.
- Protein expression within tissues by immunohistochemistry and immunofluorescence.
- HistoRx for quantitative fluorescent immunostaining.
IHC Development $12.00
Base prices are for External Academic Institutions. Pricing is subject to change
- Antibody Optimization - Single color with counter $18.75/slide
- Antibody Routine- Single color with counter $13.88/slide
- Antibody Verification - Verifying antibody staining conditions for in-house antibodies that have not been used for a period of 1 month or more (sectioning service fee not included) $10.50/slide
- Manual method - Non-automated, standard 2 step indirect (limited to 20 slides at a time per staining run) $45.00/slide
- Antibody Optimization - Optimizing new or untested antibodies (use of in house TMA sectioning service fee not included) $30.00/slide
- Double Label - 2 Color sequential double stains (requires prior optimization of both markers) $37.50/slide
- Routine Automated - For markers with established conditions $22.50/slide
The Immunohistochemistry (IHC) lab provides in-dept consultations including antibody selection, training, and services for established assays as well as testing new antibodies.
Includes primary antibodies when in stock. Per section prices.
Immunostaining (frozen and paraffin embedded tissues):
Image Processing (Volocity software):
Staining IPOX- Frozen
BIDMC Price $305.00
External Academic $457.50
External Corporate $610.00
BIDMC $ 210.00
EA $ 315.00
EC $ 420.00
BICMC $ 470.00
EA $ 705.00
EC $ 940.00
Staining IPOX- Paraffin
BIDMC Price $390.00
BIDMC $ 250.00
EA $ 375.00
EC $ 500.00
Staining IPOX -Paraffin (TUNEL)
BIDMC $ 530.00
EA $ 795.00
EC $ 1,060.00
Trilogy Charge-back (per run)
BIDMC Price $8.50
Zeiss LSM510 Upright Confocal System
Zeiss LSM 510 Inverted Live-cell Confocal System
Zeiss Axioimager M1 Epifluorescence and Brightfield microscope
Dell workstation with Volocity and LSM510 software
- Immunohistochemical stains for infectious agents
- Immunohistochemical stains for tumor markers
Immunohistochemistry optimization for new antibody (procedure, interpretation, and report)
per Antibody $250.00
Immunohistochemistry with antibodies in use in CPL (inquire about antibody list)
per Glass slide $40.00
Per slide, from existing antibody offerings $20.00
Two color, per slide $28.50
CBL provides contract histology, pathological and immunostaining that includes IHC, and analyses services
Immunostaining (Tissue and Cells).
We have extensive experience of IHC assay validation on a wide variety of automated IHC staining platforms, IHC staining and diagnostic evaluation from semi-automated to fully computerised automated image analysis on digital scanned images of whole tissue sections. Our team of board-certified pathologists is available to provide on-site or remote review of biomarker test data as required by regulatory authorities to deliver accurate quality-controlled client data on time and within budget to enable you to make reliable data-driven decisions.
Over the last few years we have performed over 75,000 analyses of biomarkers on IHC stained sections of patient samples from a wide variety of normal and diseased tissues in the following therapy areas:
- bone and joint disease
- metabolic disorders
- gastrointestinal disease
We have evaluated over 130 protein biomarkers in human and rodent tissues in the following areas:
- cell surface receptors
- DNA damage sensing & repair
- signal transduction
- immune system
- clinical diagnostic markers