NMR-Bio is a translational contract research organization hosted by the Institute of Structure Biology (IBS) and the Laboratory of Metal Chemistry and Biology (BIG/LCBM), both located in Grenoble (France), one of the most vibrant European hubs for structural biology.
*NMR-Bio activity:* NMR-Bio supplies a broad range of services for Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) applications. They include the isotopically labelled NMR sample production (E. coli, insect cells, cell-free and soon in mammalian cells); high-field NMR data acquisition and their analysis and interpretation (spectra assignment, mappinf interaction, 3D structure calculation... etc.). In addition, NMR-Bio invests heavily in the R&D to develop innovative strategies and solutions to help its customers to overcome their technical issues. In collaboration with its academic partners, NMR-Bio is conducting a challenging scientific research program which aims to extend the selective labelling approach, a pertinent strategy to the NMR study of supramolecular machinaries and which is routinely applied in E. coli, to the mammalian cells, one of the most requested expression systems by the pharmaceutical industry. Protocols to achieve this labelling in insect cells and Cell-Free systems have been already set-up in the first two years of this collaboration. Furthermore, the development of optimized 13CH3-NMR pulse sequences will be also a part of our objectives.
- High field NMR data acquisition (e.g. nD, NOESY, SOFAST, BEST);
- NMR Protein control quality (e.g. folding, compactness, dynamic using natural abundance or stable isotope enrichment);
- NMR studies of protein (e.g. interactions, backbone and sidechain assignment, structure calculation and relaxation characterisation);
- EM Protein control quality (e.g. homogeneity);
- NMR studies of large protein assemblies (e.g. interactions, methyl groups assignment, relaxation characterisation);
- EM studies of large protein assemblies (e.g. structure calculation).
Interaction mapping, spectra assignment, 3D structure calculation
Protein sample production (in E. coli, insect cells and Cell-Free):
- [2H,13C,15N]-uniform labeling of proteins;
- if 13CH3 specific labeling of large proteins;
- Production & analysis of mutant libraries (e.g. for NMR spectra assignment).
"NMR-Bio did excellent work withing the time and cost frame estimated. In particular, the diligence and scientific rigor provided were to the highest standards. I will definitely be working with NMR-Bio in the future."
NMR-BIO has not received any endorsements.