Molecular Diagnostics is housed in one of the largest and most sophisticated university-based laboratories in the country. Our 6,400 square foot lab includes two large testing areas with state-of-the-art equipment, safety features, and office space.
The Molecular Diagnostics Laboratory uses progressive technologies and procedures to evaluate infectious disease, inherited disorders, oncology, and other gene abnormalities. The use of PCR, DNA Sequencing, Next Generation Sequencing techniques are available, as are specific studies in Factor V Leiden, T-& B-cell receptor/gene rearrangement assays, HIV and HCV quantitation and genotyping, CMV quantitation, Fragile X, bcr/abl quantification and Next Generation Sequencing for Oncology.
Additional assays are always in development.
Same-Day Processing: We perform quantitative CMV, EBV, BKV in blood and HSV in CSF assays the same day as received, as long as we receive the sample by 7 AM.
It is imperative that you do NOT draw samples on heparinized tubes or from tubing containing heparin since heparin interferes with our testing process.
- Liang Zhou, Shuang Chen, Yu Zhang, Maciej Kmieciak, Yun Leng, Lihong Li, Hui Lin, Kathryn A Rizzo, Catherine I Dumur, Andrea Ferreira-Gonzalez, Mohamed Rahmani, Lawrence Povirk, Sri Chalasani, Allison J Berger, Yun Dai, Steven Grant. The NAE inhibitor pevonedistat interacts with the HDAC inhibitor belinostat to target AML cells by disrupting the DDR. Blood 2016 May 5;127(18):2219-30. Epub 2016 Feb 5.
- Abdul Razzaq B, Scalora A, Koparde VN, Meier J, Mahmood M, Salman S, Jameson-Lee M, Serrano MG, Sheth N, Voelkner M, Kobulnicky DJ, Roberts CH, Ferreira-Gonzalez A, Manjili MH, Buck G, Neale MC, Toor AA. Dynamical System Modeling to Simulate Donor T Cell Response to Whole Exome Sequencing-Derived Recipient Peptides Demonstrates Different Alloreactivity Potential in HLA-Matched and -Mismatched Donor-Recipient Pairs. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2015 Dec 11. pii: S1083-8791(15)01860-1. doi: 10.1016/j.bbmt.2015.11.1103. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 26688192.
- Ricardo C Gehrau, Valeria R Mas, Catherine I Dumur, Jihee L Suh, Ashish K Sharma, Helen P Cathro, Daniel G Maluf. Donor Hepatic Steatosis Induce Exacerbated Ischemia-Reperfusion Injury Through Activation of Innate Immune Response Molecular Pathways. Transplantation 2015 Dec;99(12):2523-33
- Rahmani M, Aust MM, Hawkins E, Parker RE, Ross M, Kmieciak M, Reshko LB, Rizzo KA, Dumur CI,Ferreira-Gonzalez A, Grant S. Co-administration of the mTORC1/TORC2 inhibitor INK128 and the Bcl-2/Bcl-xL antagonist ABT-737 kills human myeloid leukemia cells through Mcl-1 down-regulation and AKT inactivation. Haematologica. 2015 Dec;100(12):1553-63. doi: 10.3324/haematol.2015.130351. Epub 2015 Oct 9. PMID: 26452980.
- Dumur CI, Almenara JA, Powers CN, Ferreira-Gonzalez A. Quality control material for the detection of somatic mutations in fixed clinical specimens by next-generation sequencing. Diagn Pathol. 2015 Sep 17;10:169. doi: 10.1186/s13000-015-0403-0. PMID: 26376646
- Lyon E, Schrijver I, Weck KE, Ferreira-Gonzalez A, Richards CS, Palomaki GE. Molecular genetic testing for cystic fibrosis: laboratory performance on the College of American Pathologists external proficiency surveys; CAP/ACMG Biochemical and Molecular Genetics Committee. Genet Med. 2015 Mar;17(3):219-25