Jerve Scientific Consulting provides scientific consulting and laboratory support for DMPK, toxicology and bioanalytical issues. Specializing in using high resolution mass spectrometry to identify drug metabolite from in vitro (microsomes/hepatocytes) or in vivo (plasma/urine/bile) samples from drug biotransformation studies.
Sr. Principal Scientist John Erve offers:
- Experience conducting in vitro and in vivo studies to investigate xenobiotics metabolism
- Understanding of reactive metabolites of pharmacological and toxicological significance
- Extensive knowledge of metabolic transformations including bioactivation pathways
- Skilled in both protein and small molecule characterization using mass spectrometry
- Understanding of modern drug discovery and development from an ADMET perspective
- Board Certified in Toxicology -D.A.B.T.
- John C L Erve, Shawn Gauby, John W Maynard, Mats A Svensson, George Tonn, Kevin P Quinn, Bioactivation of Sitaxentan in Liver Microsomes, Hepatocytes, and Expressed Human P450S with Characterization of the Glutathione Conjugate by Liquid Chromatography Tandem Mass Spectrometry. Chemical Research in Toxicology 26(6) · May 2013.
- Alan L Rockwood, John C L Erve, Mass Spectral Peak Distortion Due to Fourier Transform Signal Processing, Journal of the American Society for Mass Spectrometry. 25(12), September 2014.
- Wei Jiang, John C L Erve, Spectral accuracy of a new hybrid quadrupole time-of-flight mass spectrometer: Application to ranking small molecule elemental compositions. Rapid Communications in Mass Spectrometry 26(9):1014-22, May 2012.
- Guosheng Wu, Sarvesh C Vashishtha, John C L Erve, Characterization of Glutathione Conjugates of Duloxetine by Mass Spectrometry and Evaluation of in Silico Approaches to Rationalize the Site of Conjugation for Thiophene Containing Drugs. Chemical Research in Toxicology 23(8):1393-404, August 2010.
- G T Whiteside, J M Dwyer, J E Harrison, C E Beyer, T Cummons, L Manzino, L Mark, G H Johnston, B W Strassle, A Adedoyin, C M Pulicicchio, J C L Erve, B J Platt, ZA Hughes, K E Rogers, D C Deecher, E J Trybulski, J D Kennedy, P Zhang, L Leventhal, WAY-318068: A novel, potent and selective noradrenaline re-uptake inhibitor with activity in rodent models of pain and depression. British Journal of Pharmacology 160(5):1105-18, July 2010.
- Appavu Chandrasekaran, Zeen Tong, Hongshan Li, John C L Erve, William DeMaio, Igor Goljer, Oliver McConnell, Yakov Rotshteyn, Theresa Hultin, Rasmy Talaat, JoAnn Scatina, Metabolism of Intravenous Methylnaltrexone in Mice, Rats, Dogs, and Humans. Drug metabolism and disposition: the biological fate of chemicals 38(4):606-16, April 2010.