Helix Biological Laboratory LLC is a full service bioanalytical laboratory that is engaged in a wide variety of biological testing, analytical and consulting services. It is the goal at Helix Biological Laboratory to provide clients with a comprehensive range of services to meet their specialized needs.
Helix Biological Laboratory is able to provide these services by using the most advanced methods and the most comprehensive procedures to ensure that the needs of our clients are met. We can also custom design assays for the particular needs of our clients upon request.
Helix Biological Laboratory uses leading edge molecular methodologies such as PCR (both qualitative and quantitative), DNA Isolations, DNA Amplifications, DNA Footprinting, DNA Sequencing, DNA Sequence Analysis, Vector Cloning, Western Blotting, Electro Mobility Shift Assays (EMSA) and Antibody Assays (ELISA).
- Prychitko, T. M. and Moore, W. S. 1997. The utility of DNA sequences of an intron from the -fibrinogen gene in phylogenetic analysis of woodpeckers (Aves: Picidae). Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution. 8: 193-204.
- Prychitko, T. M., Ries, E. A., and Moore, W. S. 1998. Two-step cycle sequencing reduces premature terminations when using primers with high annealing temperatures. Molecular Biotechnology. 10: 231-236.
- Prychitko, T. M. and Moore, W. S. 2000. Comparative evolution of the mitochondrial cytochrome b gene and nuclear -fibrinogen intron 7 in woodpeckers. Molecular Biology and Evolution. 17: (7) 1101-1111.
- Prychitko, T. M. and Moore, W. S. 2002. Alignment and phylogenetic analysis of -fibrinogen intron 7 sequences among avian orders reveal conserved regions within the intron. Molecular Biology and Evolution. 20: (5) 762-771.
- Prychitko, T. M., Johnson R. M., Gumucio D., Wildman D.E. and Goodman M. 2005. The phylogenetic history of New World monkey-globin reveals a platyrrhine togene conversion in the atelid ancestry. Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution. 35: 225-234.
- Johnson R. M., Prychitko, T. M., Gumucio D., Wildman D. E., Uddin M. and Goodman M. 2006. Phylogenetic comparisons suggest distance from the locus control region guides developmental expression of primate beta-type genes: Evidence for platyrrhine specific expression within the -globin cluster. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. 103: 3186-3191.
- Opazo, J. C., Wildman D. E., Prychitko, T. M., Johnson R. M. and Goodman M. 2006. Phylogenetic relationships and divergence times among New World monkeys (Platyrrhini, Primates). Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution. 40: 274-280.
- Unnikrishnan A, Raffoul JJ, Patel HV, Prychitko TM, Anyangwe N, Meira LB, Friedberg EC, Cabelof DC, Heydari AR. 2009. Oxidative stress alters base excision repair pathway and increases apoptotic response in apurinic/apyrimidinic endonuclease 1/redox factor-1 haploinsufficient mice. Free Radic Biol Med. Jun 1:46 (11): 1488-99. Epub 2009 Mar 3.
- Unnikrishnan A., Prychitko T.M., Patel H.V.,Chowdhury M.E., Pilling A.B., Ventrella-Lucente L.F., Papakonstantinou E.V., Cabelof D.C., Heydari, A.R. Folate deficiency regulates expression of DNA polymerase β in response to oxidative stress. Free Radic Biol Med. Jan 15:50 (2): 270-80. Epub 2010 Nov 8.