The Clinical Data Network (CDN) is a developing shared resource for non-interventional studies. The primary focus of the CDN is to provide structured access to and use of real-time reliable clinical data for the advancement of non-interventional studies at Roswell Park Cancer Institute.
In addition to improving access to and use of data, the CDN Office, as a liaison with biobanks, facilitates the process for researchers to timely and accurately identify and determine the availability of required specimens. The CDN Office supports the data needs of investigators for Non Human Subject Research.
The CDN provides the leadership and the resources necessary to meet data management needs for each specific research project.
Concepts System: Used by researchers to improve the structuring of non-interventional research ideas prior to IRB protocol submission.
DaRTS (Data Request Tracking System): Used by all CDN members to identify & manage clinical data requests for research.
D2B2 (Database of Databases): Used as the official inventory of data sources to support the CDN.
GeneTegra (federated query system): Used by the CDN to connect multiple data sources and query them as one entity.
caTIES (Text Information Extraction System): Used by the CDN to extract information from free text Pathology reports and as a data source for GeneTegra.
The primary focus of the CDN is to provide structured access to and use of real-time reliable clinical data for the advancement of non-interventional studies Provide initial data requirements and availability consultation to investigators. The CDN works closely with biobanks to annotate bio specimens and facilitate the process for patient cohort identification and case selections.
• Acts as a liaison between the Investigator and the biobanks for research that requires clinical data and biospecimens.
• Manage study data collection, processing and delivery.
• Monitor data quality for data provided to investigators
• Leads and supports the development of informatics tools to support database interoperability
• Leads the development of federated query systems
• Leads the creation and maintenance of standard data dictionaries
• Supports the development and management of newly required databases.
Clinical Data Network has not received any reviews.
Clinical Data Network has not received any endorsements.