Blue Heron is one of the oldest and most successful gene synthesis companies in the world, providing customers solutions for complex DNA synthesis. Since 1999, Blue Heron has delivered tens of millions of base pairs of perfectly accurate genes to thousands of customers worldwide, including top 20 pharma and biotech companies, using its proprietary GeneMaker® multi-technology platform. Between 2010 and 2016 Blue Heron was a wholly owned subsidiary of OriGene Technologies, Inc. Combining OriGene’s complete collection of human cDNA clones with Blue Heron’s gene synthesis capacity, we can provide a whole product solution for the molecular biology research community. Whether you need one gene or one thousand, the simplest sequence or comprehensive codon substitutions to create variants across hundreds of regions, we can deliver. Blue Heron provides an unmatched level of service and attention to detail to give you the assurance that your project will be delivered as promised. Blue Heron is the only choice when you need a gene synthesis partner — not just a gene synthesis vendor.
Blue Heron Bio is pleased to offer OriGene’s affordable PrecisionShuttle™ system for easy subcloning into a large selection of proven destination vectors for a variety of downstream applications. Destination vector choices include:
• Epitope tags (MYC, DDK, etc.) for protein purification detection
• Fluorescent tags (GFP, RFP, YFP, etc.) for protein visualization
• Various drug markers (neomycin, puromycin, etc.) for stable cell line establishment
• E. coli expression vectors
• Custom requests
• New reporter vectors for promoter study New!
The latest tool in genome editing – CRISPR/Cas9 – allows for specific genome disruption and replacement in a flexible and simple system resulting in high specificity and low cell toxicity. The CRISPR/Cas9 genome editing system requires the co-expression of a Cas9 protein with a guide RNA vector expressed from the human U6 polymerase III promoter. With the protospacer-adjacent motif (PAM – the sequence NGG) present at the 3′ end, Cas9 will unwind the DNA duplex and cleave both strands upon recognition of a target sequence by the guide RNA. The functional cassette synthesized by Blue Heron in the rescue donor vector can then be inserted into the unwound DNA. The repaired genome will now express your desired sequence with or without tags.
Blue Heron Bio has developed a proprietary algorithm for protein expression optimization. Based on codon usage and comprehensive knowledge of optimal RNA structure for protein translation, Blue Heron can confidently deliver results in the desired organism.
• Reliable – a proven algorithm: successfully used by many researchers (Survey Result )
• Flexible – exclude unwanted restriction sites and special sequences, use a customer’s codon table, and add flanking sequences
• Free – no charge for registered users
• Easy to use
• Login, or create a new account
• Submit a protein sequence
• Select your model organism or your own codon table
• Check any restriction sites to be avoided (optional)
• Enter any special sequences to be avoided (optional)
• Add flanking sequences (optional)
• An optimized sequence will be emailed and posted on your secure account
Blue Heron’s patented GeneMaker® technology provides the capability to synthesize almost any DNA sequences.
OriGene shuttle vectors
Express your insert in E. coli or mammalian cells with over 100 vector choices. Low cost and multiple functional vectors are available.
Customer provided vectors
Blue Heron can clone into any vector provided by our customer. Please register and submit your vector sequence information through our secure website. Blue Heron requires the physical vector once your order is placed. Your vector is securely stored and can be used for any future orders.
• 3-5 mg purified plasmid DNA
• Bacterial stain containing the plasmid
• Sequencing data and trace data posted electronically
• Quick turnaround time
• Express service available.
Blue Heron Biotech, LLC. has not received any reviews.
Blue Heron Biotech, LLC. has not received any endorsements.