We are a start-up company with a team of scientists having in vitro drug discovery experience within pharmaceutical companies and the CRO industry. We serve clients in pharma, biotech and virtual companies as well as spin-outs and academic institutions. We have considerable in vitro drug discovery experience in the following therapeutic areas: - Oncology - Immuno-oncology - Inflammation - CNS and Neurodegeneration Our company name: Our company name BioMedha, derived from two words, Bio (Greek) and Medha (Sanskrit). Whilst the former part, Bio refers to Biology, i.e. In-vitro biology, the latter Medha refers to knowledge, rigour and rationale.
We have access to fresh whole blood samples collected to meet your requirements. We can develop assays to suit your project needs and test your compounds using samples from single donor or several donors. Assay formats include:
- Cell types: PBMCs, Lymphocytes, T cells (CD4+ and CD8+), B cells, NK cells, Monocytes, Granulocytes and Neutrophils
- Stimulation assay: proliferation, apoptosis assays and cytokine assays
- Whole Blood assays
- TLR responses
- Biomarker levels
BioMedha has expertise in the development of cell health assays tailored to client needs and drug discovery project goals using normal or disease-relevant, immortalised or iPSC derived cell models. We offer complete support from assay development to compound profiling for identifying drug effects on cell health, ranking compounds for potency and investigating the cellular changes in disease areas such as cancer, autoimmune disease and neurodegeneration. Screening platforms include:
- Cell viability, cell proliferation and cytotoxicity assays
- Apoptosis and Pyroptosis (an inflammatory form of programmed cell death)
- Phagocytosis, Mitophagy and Autophagy
- Oxidative stress and Hypoxia
- Cellular energy metabolism assays (Glucose uptake, NAD co-factor)
- Metabolite assays (Glucose and Glutamine consumptions; Lactate and Glutamine secretion)
- Lipid peroxidation
Expression Studies: Expression studies with normal and diseased models may provide better understanding of associated pathways and disease biology. Compound profiling for drug effects on target expression can help to gain insights into drug interactions with targets, therapeutics efficacy and any associated drug toxicity. Expression studies include:
- Target expression levels and compound profiling
- Sample type: cells, blood and tissues (e.g., from xenograft studies)
- Disease-relevant cell models
- Transcription factor-activation profiling specific to project (e.g., cancer, neurodegenerative, T-cell activation, insulin resistance, etc.)
Functional Assays: Functional assays assist in understanding the ability of drugs to regulate signalling pathways and intracellular messengers. Regulation of a specific signalling pathway may have therapeutic merit and functional assays could help improve the therapeutic efficacy of a drug and reduce adverse effects. Functional assays include: cAMP assays, IP-1 assays, b-Arrestin assays, Ca flux assays, Phosphorylation levels and Gene reporter assays.
BioMedha offers a wide range of high-quality expertise in biochemical assays and supports characterisation of compounds to meet the specific needs of our client projects from hit identification to candidate selection. Our biochemical assay services feature:
- Assay development and screening
- In vitro characterization of compounds for potency, selectivity and mechanism of action and assay interference.
- Enzyme activity (e.g. Kinases, Deubiquitinases, Lipase, HDACs, Amino-peptidases)
- Ligand-binding assays (e.g., FP-, FRET-based assays)
- Post-translation modifications, such as phosphorylation, ubiquitination, acetylation, methylation, sumoylation, hydroxylation and glycosylation
- Protein-protein interactions
- Redox activity
We receive compounds from clients, third-parties on behalf of clients and compound library vendors regularly to profile compounds against screening cascades.
Interest in combination drug therapy is rapidly growing due to the opportunities they create to increase the efficacy of the therapeutic effect, to combat drug resistance and to reduce the magnitude of undesirable side effects. Drug combinations studies are widely used and became the leading choice for drug discovery in oncology and immunology therapeutic areas.
BioMedha offers analysis of test agents (dose response matrix) to measure Synergism, or Antagonism effect in the following assay formats:
- Cytotoxicity assays using disease relevant cell models
- T cell activation assays: proliferation and cytokines levels
- Project-specific functional/ expression end-point assays
Compound liability of undesirable effects has become a major issue that could hinder or halt the development of candidate drugs or even withdrawal from the market. In vitro discovery toxicology studies are used to determine undesirable off-target activity during early stages. BioMedha offers the following key discovery toxicology studies (indicative and non-GLP format):
- Cytotoxicity assays to predict target-organ toxicity
- Mitochondrial toxicity (membrane potential, electron transport chain, Oxygen consumption, acidification, ATP synthesis)
- Liver toxicity assays (HepG2 cytotoxicity, apoptosis, steatosis, phospholipidosis, lipid peroxidation, CYP3A4, Pgp and UGT activity)
- hERG risk: hERG fluorescence polarization-based assay
- Oxidative stress
- Lysosomal perturbation
- DNA damage
BioMedha limited has not received any reviews.
BioMedha limited has not received any endorsements.