Antibodies Incorporated (AI) was founded in 1960 to provide essential products for the growing immunology market. In the years since our founding AI has grown into a 40-acre facility comprised of laboratories, animal care facilities, and a contract manufacturing division. Our manufacturing group is a well-established service partner for life science companies wishing to outsource their manufacturing needs while maintaining cGMP quality control. The Antibody group at AI is ISO13485-certified and FDA (21-CFR-820) compliant and provides custom antibody services for a diverse clientele including pharmaceutical and biotech companies as well as academic researchers.
Our Antibody group is an end to end service provider and all work is done on-site in Davis California. Services we offer include:
• Polyclonal antibody production (rabbit, goats, sheep, alpaca, guinea pig)
• Antibody purification (from production bleeds, cell culture supernatant, etc.)
• Mouse monoclonal antibody development
• Single chain antibody development from camelid (alpaca) through phage display
• Hybridoma scale-up and purification, hybridoma sub-cloning and cell banking.
• Antibody conjugation and assay development
Antibodies Incorporated is qualified by:
Flexible options to house and provide animal care for CGMP studies. Our trained technicians are also available at an hourly rate to provide assistance with timepoints, recording data, or training researchers in animal handling and sampling techniques. Assistance writing IACUC protocols is also available. All our full time technicians are ALAT certified or above.
Basic* hybridoma package ($8,120) includes:
• Hyperimmunization of 5 mice and ELISA confirming target reactivity of serum (
4 weeks) 1 week)
• Electrofusion of spleen cells from best responding mouse (
• Screening of up to 10,000 hybridoma clones by high-throughput ELISA (~1 week)
• Subcloning of top 3 candidates (~2weeks)
• ELISA demonstrating reactivity of mouse sera against target
• Supernatants from up to 48 candidate clones for use in internal testing
• Frozen vials for each subcloned hybridoma cell line.
*Projects can be easily customized to your needs to accommodate larger screening campaigns, screen more supernatants etc.
Hybridoma Scale-up antibody production* ($1,950***) includes:
• Bioreactor production of antibody (~3 weeks)
• Protein A purification of antibody (up to 3 weeks)
• Antibody yield (mg) and concentration (mg/mL)
• SDS-PAGE verifying antibody purity (guaranteed >90% and typically 95%)
*For a single harvest typical yields are 2-10mg and purity >90%
**Larger yields (10-100mg) can be easily done but at greater cost.
***Discounts available for multiple antibody productions
Custom polyclonal antibody project includes:
• 1hr consult for peptide optimization (optional)
• Pre-immune bleed and initial injection of immunogen
• Test Bleed (2 in large animals, 1 in small animals)
• Production bleed (up to 20ml of serum in rabbits, volume varies by weight in large animals)
• Boost injections (4 for small animals, 7 for large animals)
Timeline for standard schedule from receipt of immunogen to production bleed
• 57 days (small animal)
• 90 days (large animal)
Long term production schedules are available
• 1 boost/bleed cycle per month permitted by OLAW
• Reasonable per diem rates, please inquire
Materials Required from Client
• 4-9 mg immunogen (may be peptide, whole protein or cell lysate, inquire for specific needs)
Purify your target antibody out of animal serum or cell culture supernatent. Combine with a custom polyclonal antibody project and receive your finished product in as few as 10 weeks. Discounts available for higher volume purification.
Immunogenicity is a measure of the immune response to a therapeutic drug. It is a very relevant problem affecting the use of therapeutic protein drugs. The development of anti-drug antibodies can cause allergic or anaphylactic reactions, reduction in efficacy, and/or induction of autoimmunity. In the wake of such effects observed in the clinical trial of earlier protein therapeutics, (REFS), the FDA and responsible pharmaceutical companies are insisting that immunogenicity testing become an integral part of protein drug development.
Antibodies Incorporated offers qualitative and quantitative assays for detection of anti-drug antibodies. We have experience in developing assays and writing GMP/GLP procedures acceptable to regulatory agencies.
We are well equipped to test your drug candidates in animal models from mouse to non-human primate in order to accelerate clinical trials. Our ISO13485 certification by BSI assures you of the ongoing quality of our work.
Our services include:
"Antibodies Inc. was a pleasure to work with and exceeded our expectations. Will answered all of our questions promptly and thoroughly. All of the deliverables were carried out on time with high quality. Highly recommend."
Antibodies Incorporated has not received any endorsements.