Abzyme Therapeutics is a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing modular single domain VHH antibody fragments for immunotherapy using proprietary antibody generation platforms. The company is located in the Eastern Pennsylvania biotechnology/pharmaceutical hub 30-miles west of Philadelphia.
Unique to Abzyme is our proprietary and highly engineered eukaryotic in vitro antibody discovery/optimization platform based on yeast display self-diversifying libraries, rapid target-directed antibody affinity maturation in combination with a FACS single cell sorting approach to identify desired antibodies. Abzyme’s modular antibody discovery platform incorporates a real-time screening ability to select for key properties such as epitopic diversity, binding affinity, expressibility, solubility, developability, broad-reactivity and target-specificity.
Today, the Company has over 35 proprietary and partnered programs in development in therapeutic and diagnostic areas including infectious diseases, immuno-oncology, ophthalmology, inflammation and central nervous system disorders.
The Company employs a hybrid business model where it either collaborates with pharmaceutical partners for antibody development and commercialization including out-licensing its candidates or it invests directly in its own drug development programs. For certain programs, we – are currently seeking strategic collaborations to jointly advance antibody candidates through development and commercialization.
Abzyme’s triple-mode yeast-based display platform with self-diversifying antibody libraries (single domain camelid VHH) can replace the conventional hybridoma antibody development approach, offering comparable antibody quality with additional advantages. Combining the benefits of eukaryotic-based display, in vivo maturation via inducible hypermutation, FACS-based cell sorting and our experienced team, we offer:
• Project design consultation
• Specific, high affinity antibodies applicable to most antigen types, including difficult and non-immunogenic targets
• Single domain antibodies in monovalent and multi-valent, bispecific and multi-specific recombinant formats
• Optimization of any existing antibodies including human and murine IgGs.
• Antibody engineering
• Cytoflow and SPR-based antibody characterization
Expression, purification and characterization of lead mabs
Optimization of lead mabs
Abzyme’s platform introduces an additional antigen-binding site by fusing a single domain antibody onto the C-terminus of an IgG Fc of a different specificity to create a so-called Abz2 molecule. This simple rapid fusion transforms an existing antibody into a bispecific antibody without compromising its original target binding affinity. This example shows why the single domain antibody is the key building block of Abzyme Modular Antibody Technology. Abzyme will utilize the VHH C-terminal library to isolate single domain antibody with desired attributes which retain after fusion to the C-terminus of the IgG Fc. Single domain antibody molecules are incredibly versatile, well-expressible and can serve as a building block for creating different classes of biologics depending on the therapeutic need including:
• Ideal building block to generate bispecific as well as multi-specific antibody molecules
• Abz2 bispecific antibodies
• Each particular single domain that binds to a target of interest is selected and optimized from a human or camelid single domain antibody library with enhanced diversity generated by inducible hypermutation
An Abz2 bispecifics retains the benefits of a traditional antibody:
• Excellent binding characteristics (affinity, specificity)
• Favorable pharmacokinetics
• Ability to mobilize immune effector functions
• Protein stability
• Low immunogenic potential
Abzyme Therapeutics has not received any reviews.
Abzyme Therapeutics has not received any endorsements.