FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
ACCESS is a program of the Alzheimer’s Drug Discovery Foundation(ADDF) and Science Exchange. The ADDF ACCESS platform includes a curated community of specialized service providers and consultants to support all aspects of drug discovery and development efforts, with a focus on central nervous system (CNS) disorders. Through the platform, ADDF ACCESS helps you find, evaluate and partner with service providers and provides a library of educational resources to accelerate your drug discovery program.
Science Exchange is the world’s leading marketplace for scientific services. We provide secure access to a network of more than 3,000 screened contract research organizations (CROs), academic labs, and government facilities that are available to conduct experiments on your behalf.
The Alzheimer’s Drug Discovery Foundation (ADDF) is dedicated to rapidly accelerating the discovery of drugs to prevent, treat and cure Alzheimer's diseases. Since 1998, the ADDF has granted over $100 million to fund more than 500 Alzheimer's drug discovery programs and clinical trials at academic centers and biotechnology companies in 18 countries. To learn more, please visit www.AlzDiscovery.org.
ADDF ACCESS is limited to service providers that have been vetted initially by ADDF’s scientific staff and verified by Science Exchange. Our goal is to provide researchers with a network of high-quality service providers and service providers. Service providers do not pay for this recognition. The network includes niche companies that specialize in CNS-specific services and large full-service contract research organizations from around the world.
After initial introductions with ADDF scientific staff, service
providers complete a detailed Request for Information (RFI) survey
that allows us to understand core capabilities, staff
expertise/technical capabilities, company leadership, typical
clientele (pharma, biotech, academia), location, size, etc.
Science Exchange reviews the service provider in the following ways:
- Reviews the completed application form to understand the service provider's history, core competencies and other features of the organization.
- Contacts the service provider to verify their phone number and, if necessary, obtain further information about lab facilities, expertise and certifications.
- Reviews the USDA and FDA databases to see if they have any reported rule violations
- Verifies certifications for eligibility to offer regulated services
Researchers are able provide feedback on service providers after completing an order or by logging into their account and filling out a short online form accessible through a company’s storefront. Ratings are displayed in aggregate and account information and contact details will never be shared publicly, shared with the company being reviewed, or made visible through the ACCESS platform.
The ACCESS platform offers two ways to find service providers to meet your specific project needs.
- The Marketplace provides self-service access to service providers. Search by entering the name of the experiment or service you’re looking for into the search bar, and select it from the dropdown menu. Narrow your search by entering a keyword or selecting from the advanced filter.
- The Concierge service is recommended for unique, custom services. As a partner of Science Exchange, ADDF ACCESS users can work closely with Sourcing Managers with Masters or PhDs in science. They will leverage their knowledge of the marketplace, identify the most qualified service providers for your project requirements, and present multiple quote options.
For more information, contact us to receive a detailed guide on finding service providers through the ACCESS platform.
View detailed profiles in service provider “storefronts” to learn more about their services and expertise. Although service providers are initially reviewed by the ADDF scientific staff, we strongly encourage users to perform their own due diligence, including through direct conversations with prospective service providers. For more information on how to evaluate and select contract research organizations, visit our Resource Center for additional information.
We are continuously updating our network. If you cannot find a company or type of service, please contact the Science Exchange team (or email [email protected]) for assistance navigating the network or to make a suggestion.
Please contact us - we have a Concierge Service whose sole mission is to ensure you can quickly and easily connect with the resources you require through the platform, at no cost. As we are continuously adding to the community, it is very possible that a service provider currently under evaluation may be a good fit for your project.
Once you’ve identified a provider, you can request a free quote by entering specific details about your project in the online form. For involved or custom studies, sourcing managers can help you obtain quotes from multiple providers through the Concierge service.
Confidentiality and data security are our top priorities. All communication through the ACCESS platform is protected by a confidentiality agreement. You maintain complete control of all your information; only organizations selected by you will have access.
The Science Exchange platform that powers ADDF ACCESS is user-friendly, and provides helpful guides to ensure that you can make the appropriate decisions to protect your data. All communication and information shared through ACCESS is protected by a confidentiality agreement.
Confidentiality and data security are our top priorities. From the moment you arrive at our homepage, all information transferred between your computer and our servers is protected using SSL encryption. Our servers are located in state of the art access-controlled facilities and all data is stored behind a firewall.
Science Exchange enables you to:
- Consolidate sourcing, contracts, and payment processing into one entity.
- Save time and cost, and increase your scientific productivity by providing administrative and project management support. Our Customer Success Team assists in managing your relationship with the service provider and ensures that important project milestones and project deliverables are delivered to satisfaction.
- Have access to a broad network of verified service providers - both academic core facilities and CRO's - with one pre-negotiated legal contract.
- Mitigate risk by providing legal guarantees: Confidentiality, Intellectual Property protection, and Indemnification.
To offer these benefits, we charge a small percentage service fee on top of the quote you receive from service providers. The Science Exchange service fee is due after project completion.
Be upfront with service providers on timelines and funding issues. Companies will work with you to generate quotes, but also keep in mind the time and effort involved in generating detailed quotes. Open communication is key. As we continuously work to ensure that the service providers in the ACCESS community are supportive of our investigators, we value your feedback on these types of conversations.
The collaborative nature of ADDF ACCESS gives users the ability to collect and share notes, documents, and communication with service providers as future reference for you and your team. The ACCESS platform offers a number of tools to streamline communication and project management through the site; however, we also recognize that personal relationships, which are valuable in our industry, develop through meetings in person and by phone. Please contact us if you have any questions.
ADDF ACCESS offers many more features than are discussed in the FAQ section. One key benefit is the ability to work with all listed service providers under a single contract, eliminating the need for time consuming negotiations and allowing you to begin work immediately.
Scientists from the ADDF have developed guides to help you move your therapeutic program forward. Topics cover the entire drug discovery and development process, from target identification through commercialization. We also include relevant videos, publications, and links, and update content regularly.
The primary benefit of participating in the ACCESS network is promotion of your company and key expertise to a group of world-class researchers that are in the process of procuring services. Your company will join an exclusive network of service providers that have been initially vetted.
- Contact Us.
- Complete a detailed Request for Information (RFI) survey that allows us to understand core capabilities, staff expertise/technical capabilities, company leadership, typical clientele (pharma, biotech, academia), location, size, etc.
- The scientific staff at the Alzheimer’s Drug Discovery Foundation (ADDF) and and Science Exchange will evaluate RFIs and/or Provider Applications and invite service providers to join the network.
- ACCESS members will then create a public profile or “storefront” which includes company description, key personnel, and services provided.
ACCESS storefront are straightforward to configure - it takes about the same amount of time as creating a LinkedIn profile. You can get started here. Please note that only companies approved by the ADDF will be listed on the platform. Our team is standing by to assist you in the process, so don't hesitate to contact us.
Our list of services continues to grow and evolve with our membership. Please contact us if you have any questions - we can typically add services to our directory and your profile within 24 hours.
Each company controls the information included on its storefront. Changes will be reflected in the directory immediately to ensure that your storefront is never out of date.
There is no cost and there are no hidden fees for service providers to participate in or use ACCESS.
Confidentiality and data security are our top priorities. Your company maintains complete control of your information. All communication is protected by a confidentiality agreement and pricing information is only shared with prospective clients designated by your company.